J.D. Power Ranking 2020
With the initial quality score of 250 PP100 Tesla is unofficially ranked last [1, 5]. “Unlike other manufacturers, Tesla doesn’t grant us permission to survey its owners in 15 states where it is required,” said Doug Betts, president of the automotive division at J.D. Power. “However, we were able to collect a large enough sample of surveys from owners in the other 35 states and, from that base, we calculated Tesla’s score.”
Sales Q2 2019 vs. 2020
In North America BMW sees a minus in sales of almost -40% in the second quarter, Audi -35%, Nissan -50% and Ford -33% [3, 4]. Despite these numbers Tesla was able to get through the crisis with a worldwide minus of in comparison only -5% [2, 4].
It seems that the product values are shifting and Tesla is well positioned with batteries, software, AI chip and the supercharger network.
-  https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2020-initial-quality-study-iqs
-  https://www.statista.com/statistics/502208/tesla-quarterly-vehicle-deliveries/
-  https://de.statista.com/statistik/daten/studie/456347/umfrage/monatliche-zulassungen-von-fahrzeugen-der-marke-bmw-deutschland/
-  https://www.wiwo.de/unternehmen/auto/autoverkaeufe-tesla-trotzt-dem-branchentrend/25972976.html
-  https://www.theverge.com/2020/6/25/21302804/tesla-ranks-last-on-influential-jd-power-quality-survey